STAR WARS Wednesday!

The adventure continues with chapter 3 and 4 today of my 1980 comic book version of what I thought Return of the Jedi might be when I was 14 years old. If you need to catch up, chapter 1 is here and chapter 2 is here (or just scroll down).

There's a panel in this installment when I pay homage to a well known conceptual painting from The Empire Strikes Back by Ralph McQuarrie. Can you spot it? Let me know. I'll post the winners names next week! Die hard fans will easily pick it out.

Click on any page to enlarge.



NEXT WEEK, the promised rescue of HAN SOLO! Really.

6 comments:

  1. The panel with Luke and Yoda looking out over Degobah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this, I must admit: there are a lot of images here that I wish could have been in the REAL Return of the Jedi.

    Awesome work, dude!! And thanks for writing me too and letting me know where you were now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ralph McQuarrie-inspired frame is "Yoda Returns."

    linky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the part where the sword only can be turn on with the Force. It is a Jedi sword haha not a common sword.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The panel with Luke and Yoda sitting inside Yoda's house is very reminiscent of Ralph's painting of the same from Empire. As it wasn't one of the images in the Ballantine portfolio, I'll be particularly impressed if that's the homage here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty impressive. I like the "Vader is Luke's Stepfather" angle....

    ReplyDelete