Creative Inspiration: Pirates 4 - On Stranger Styrofoam

I've always had an affinity for Pirate culture. From historical fact to Howard Pyle's illustrations to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. The Jack Sparrow movies are favorites and needless to say I'm looking forward to the new chapter, On Stranger Tides, especially adding Blackbeard into the saga as played by Ian McShane. Perfect casting in my opinion.

So when this photo hit the web today revealing what McShane's Blackbeard will look like, I was Bucca-nerdy thrilled. Then the set designer geek in me noticed the styrofoam made rocks in the lower foreground. That thrilled me even more. Classic low tech movie magic. Go make something today.

2 comments:

  1. I love styrofoam!!!! Great picture!! Made me smile. Thanks.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah styrofoam! With a little imagination, carving tools and spray paint, you can make it look like anything!

    We are big pirate fans around here too, can't wait for the next movie.

    Cheers,
    Madge

    ReplyDelete